Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default my page numbers keep moving from center to left side?

How did you insert numbering? Via Insert | Page Numbers? Or directly
in the footer (or header)? If the latter, the used style is Footer (or
Header), which is based on the Normal style, which could be set to
automatically update (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...edcontent.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jhonny asary" wrote in message
Thank you Herb, but it was all not checked, I notice the change

happens if I
need to justify the document.
On the other hand, how can I redefine the style that's used to

format the
page numbers ?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

It sounds like the underlying styles are automatically updating.

Choose Tools - Templates and Add-ins, and see if Automatically

update
document styles is checked. If it is, then click to remove the

check, then
click OK. Back in the document, fix the page numbers (if

necessary), and
they should stay put the next time the document is opened.

A better solution, of course, would be to redefine the style

that's used to
format the page numbers so that you don't have to rely on direct

formatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

message
I cant get my page numbers in the center of my document, every

time I save
it
it changes to the left side??