Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Password error from Word2003 to Word2007

I hadn't registered you meant protected for forms, sorry, I was thinking of
encryption. It rings a bell, although the details escape me for the moment,
but I cannot recreate the situation; when I convert a .doc form to a .docx
form, it still unprotects with the same password (manually and in VBA).

What version of Word 2007 are your users using - SP1, or SP2? And, thank you
for the extra detail but you haven't answered the questions: how are the
users converting the document, and what are _both_ passwords (you only
mention one).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Lorenz Hölscher" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

Tony Jollans schrieb:
I don't see this problem. How are you converting the document, and how
are
you saving the document? And what do you mean by 'both passwords'?

users in the company are working either with w2003 or w2007. Those who
made a w2003 document (which is a form and therefore automatically
password protected) send this to another user. Some of them sometimes
use w2007, so they convert their file into a docx-document.
When opening the docx, an add-in needs to unprotect the file with the
same password and stops because w2007 doesn't accept the w2003
password. We checked it manually: a w2003-doc with password, converted
into w2007-docx, cannot be unprotected with this password!

So what to do?

bye, Lorenz