Klaus Linke

Hi Al,

"Text" isn't a built.in style. If you loose the superscripts when you =
(re)apply it, it's probably a character style?

Character styles have an =AA to the right of the style name, paragraph =
styles a =B6.

If you don't want to loose the superscript formatting, don't apply =
character styles to them. Paragraph styles like "Normal" are fine.

Not sure why you see a difference between the first time you apply the =
style and the second. That should not matter.

Regards,
Klaus

"Al" wrote:
Must I lose Font formatting when reapplying style??
=20
I have superscripts (exponents). When I change style of the paragraph =

from=20
Normal to Text they remain. However, if I reapply Text style to the=20
paragraph, the superscripts become normal text. This occurs on the =

second=20
application of all styles EXCEPT Normal. Reapplying Normal retains =

the=20
superscripts. How do I make the other styles act like this and not =

lose=20
character formatting when reapplied?
=20
I am using Word 2002