Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default When I paste text between documents the formatting gets messed up

Try the two answers already posted.

"JudyV" wrote in message
oups.com...

Candy wrote:
In Word for PC (2003 presently, also a problem in earlier versions), when
paste text from one document to another, often the formatting changes
automatically--different font, font size, bold/underline, etc., line
spacing.
Then I have to change all the settings back to the original manually
which
takes forever. I've been coping with this for years and am sick of it!

I am using Word 2003 SP2 and the same thing is happening with most but
not all of my documents. Have you been able to find an answer? I have
tried many different things to attempt to solve this but nothing seems
to work. Initially I was only having problems with automatic numbered
lists, but now the font size has changed and all my styles are screwed
up. Where can we get help for this?
JV