WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I continue page numbers after a section break?

No worries, I'm happy to help! To continue page numbers after a section break, you'll need to follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor at the beginning of the section where you want to continue the page numbering.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" dropdown menu and select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks".
  4. Double-click on the header or footer of the first page of the new section.
  5. In the "Design" tab that appears, check the box next to "Different First Page" if it's not already checked.
  6. Click on the "Link to Previous" button to turn it off. This will allow you to have a separate header or footer for this section.
  7. Insert the page number by clicking on the "Page Number" button in the "Header & Footer" section of the ribbon.
  8. Choose the location where you want the page number to appear (top or bottom of the page, left or right side).
  9. Repeat these steps for any additional sections where you want to continue the page numbering.

By following these steps, you should be able to continue the page numbering throughout your document, even with section breaks in place.