J Guerry

Thanks for the quick answer. Both approaches work well.

Joe Guerry

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
You can either use a Query in Access with a function to return "Yes" or

"No"
or use a nested IF field in Word, e.g.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD myyesnofield } = "True" "Yes" "No" }

where both sets of {} are inserted using ctrl-F9

Peter Jamieson
"J Guerry" wrote in message
I understand that Word2003 does not retain formatting from the source
recordset when retrieving data from Access. I am retrieving data from a
field that is formatted as Yes/No in Access, however it displays as
True/False in the Word document. I can not find a formatting function in
word that will allow me to force this to format as Yes/No. Any advice
would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Guerry