Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Fellowes Neato CD/DVD Template for Word?

I would echo that. In fact I would strongly advise the OP not to stick
labels on DVDs or Data CDs. The rotational speeds are huge and the addition
of out of balance labels can cause major problems with vibration and damage.
Audio discs are less of a problem as the speeds are lower (when used in a
free standing CD player). There is also much anecdotal evidence to suggest
that labels on DVDs cause data loss.

I now only create labels for the cases, for which the suggested application
is still first choice. I print CD and DVD case labels on 150 GSM glossy
photo paper.

Robert M. Franz (RMF) wrote:
Hi Graham

Graham Mayor wrote:
Word is a dreadful piece of software for creating CD/DVD labels - it
simply doesn't provide the control required. Publisher is better
(and if you have Nero you may be able to fathom out how their
labelling application works) but the best application for creating
labels is Surething and well worth the money.

I've found the best way to "print CD labels" is, well, not to print
them at all, but print directly onto (special) CDs. Our canon i865
has a special tray which you can zip in and a holder for the CD.
Comes with its own software, of course.

I've yet to see any labeled CD that looks even nearly as nice! Plus,
you will never have any troubles with not-quite-right placed labels
(not a big problem for CDs, but for DVDs).

2cents
Robert