Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default When select all doesn't

A Word document comprises a set of one or more "layers". The primary layer,
which is always present, is the main story (ie the body of the document).
The others, if provided, are the graphics layer (textboxes and floating
graphics), the various kinds of headers and footers, comments, endnotes, and
footnotes. You can only work in one layer at a time. So to answer your
questions, no and no.

(Actually I'm not sure what 'gets around this issue' means in this context.
Why is it an issue?)

"MarkN" wrote in message
Hello,

Can someone provide me with some guidance on documents containing a
mixture
of text and drawing objects. Ctrl A selects the text but not the objects.
have two questions:

1. Is there a command that I can use to select both text and objects?
2. Is there something that I can do during the document creation process
that gets around this issue?

--
Thanks in advance,
MarkN