Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Why do Paragraph:Format changes have no effect in table cells?

It's cell (and table) margins you are looking for, I think. In the tale
properties dialog (table properties table or cell tab options), you can
set inside margins.

PamC

Steve_Ray wrote:
Have you tried using the alignment buttons on the tables and borders toolbar?
There are nine icons for (horizontal) left, right, and center of (vertical)
top, center, and bottom alignments. The icons change when text direction
changes.

Thanks a lot. That does seem to do the trick. However, in the opposite
dimension I haven't found a good way to reduce the 'blank space' on either
side of the vertical text (i.e., blank space on the 'left' and 'right' side
of the text -- which, as you look at the page, is actually space at the 'top'
and 'bottom' of the cell).

I can do it by reducing the 'row' margins (top & bottom), but that reduces
the 'row height,' which isn't what I want. I just want more text to be able
to fit in the cell without wrapping to a new line.

Any ideas on how to do *that*?

Thanks again.