Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Adding password protection to single field in a protected doc?

Hi Debby,

We need a protected document to have one field that we can also password
protect for an electronic signature. Currently the whole document is also
password protected.

Word doesn't provide anything of this nature. You'd need some kind of macro
code. Since you don't provide any information about the version of Word
involved it's not really possible to provide any detail.

If you're able to use macros, then I recommend you go with this to the "Word
Programming" newsgroup and ask there - and don't forget to provide version
information, and anything else that is relevant to your project.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org