ohaya

Suzanne,

Great! That worked. The only thing you forgot to mention was that the
Outline level was under "Modify-Format drop down-Paragraph".

Thanks,
Jim

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Style and change the outline level of Title to Body Text.

"ohaya" wrote in message ...
Hi,

When I insert a table of contents, it is creating entries for Heading 1,
Heading 2, etc., and also including "Title".

I know that I can prevent Word from including the "Title" in the TOC by
clicking Options and deleting the "1" that's there, but is there a way
to configure Word so that it doesn't have the "1" that seems to be there
by default?

Thanks,
Jim