Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
waldronlaw waldronlaw is offline

Default converting documents from WordPerfect to Word

Hi Bob -

Thanksfor yourreply. The documents were all created using TNR 12.5. Sounds
like there is nothing that can be done universally - that I have to change
each document as it is opened.
--
waldronlaw

"CyberTaz" wrote:

One thing that isn't clear from your post - What font was used in the WP
docs when they were created? That could make a difference as to how to
proceed.

One thing to try in the meanwhile: The next time you open a file that hasn't
already had the fot updated to TNR go to the Office Button & click the Word
Options button. Select Advanced in the left list & scroll to the "Show
document content" group. Click the Font Substitution button to see what
Shruti is being swapped in for, specify TNR to be used instead.
Unfortunately you can't do anything there to cause the font size(s) in the
doc to be changed universally.

You might also consider using Find & Replace to replace the font as well as
the size, but for anything that will do this "automatically" you'll need to
have some code supplied.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"waldronlaw" wrote in message
When opening my old WordPerfect documents in Word, they always come up in
the
wrong font : Shruti 12 point instead of Times New Roman 12.5. I have made
the latter my default for new Word documents but that does not help when I
open my old WordPerfect documents. I always have to manually change the
document to the correct font. There must be a way to tell Word to always
open up my old WordPerfect docs in the correct font.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
--
waldronlaw