Doug Robbins

It sounds like you are not actually executing the merge. Even though you
think that the document has the data in it, what do you see if you press
Alt+F9? You should not see any { MERGEFIELD "fieldname" } type fields. If
you do, the merge has not be executed.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Lambi000" wrote in message
news
I have a template that has an Access database for mail merging. I don't
have
any problems getting the data in. After the merge, I save the particular
document I want as a *.doc file on my hard drive. When I email this
document
to others, they get a message saying Word cannot find its data source.

At this point, being the document is saved with the data already in it, I
can't understand why it needs it's data source. As a matter of fact, not
all
of my users are having this problem, just a few. So the question is, when
merge my document and save it, why would it need a data source at that
point.

Thanks in advance.