Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thermoregulator thermoregulator is offline

Default Figures and captions

Word 2007: I am working with a document that has hundreds of 'inserted
pictures' each with an 'inserted caption'. Each caption is cross-referenced
within the text. I would like to move both the 'picture and caption' as a
group to a new location while maintaining the ability to update the 'Table of
Figures' - in other words maintain sequential numbering of figures and in
turn update the cross-reference number within the text. Grouping the
'picture and caption' as a frame fixes the figure number preventing the
ability to update the figure number when the sequence has changed.