Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Split Cells with Heading w/ Numbering not right in TOC

If you want to, you can send the document to , and I'll
take a look.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cali" wrote in message
It seems that yes I can.
--
Cali Lang

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Can you reproduce this issue in a new document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cali" wrote in message
In the first row of my table, I have a cell that was split into two
rows
(the
left-most cell). To the right of that I have a cell that has Heading
1.
When I don't have Outline Numbering turned on for my Heading 1 style,
the
TOC
builds fine. When I turn on Outline Numbering for Heading 1, each
occurance
of the heading gets two entries in the TOC - one is correct, the other
is
just 1.....#, the number one, the dot leader, and the page number.
EVERY
entry in the TOC has the extra entry, all numbered 1. I think I get
why
the
issue - it passes through the cell twice when building the TOC, once
when
it
passes through the first row from my split cell, and once when it
passes
through the second row from my slit cell. So, how do I make it build
the
TOC
without that duplicate 1...# entry?
--