Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
medtran medtran is offline

Default What happened to Auto Text and Auto Complete in Word 2007?

Well thank you for the information, but I guess I bought a new updated
version for nothing, as I have a lot of auto text entries that I use that are
similar, (i.e. addresses of companies) and it functioned great under the
older version where I could type the name and four letters would show one
address and five letters would show another, etc. , but now I can't see which
address is coming up, and it was a lot quicker to hit enter than F3. Also, I
am not sure I am even using the auto text/building block stuff the right way.
I guess sometimes new is not always better. This is very frustrating.

Thanks for trying,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText is still there, but AutoComplete is not (except for dates). You can
still type the first few letters of the AutoText entry and press F3. Or you
may want to convert your AutoText entries to AutoCorrect.

"medtran" wrote in message
I was using Word 2003 and upgraded to 2007. I use Auto Text/Auto Complete
function as a major part of my work as a transcriptionist and I don't see
Auto Text in 2007 at all. Did they do away with it completely, or it is
in
some new place I can't find. Can someone please help me with this??