Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2007, Tabs, Styles Unexpectedly Updating

Jim wrote:
Hello, I'm evaluating Word 2007. I opened a 500+ page doc created
in Word 2000. If I click on an inserted graphic files(of the style
BodyText) and click on the Paragraph arrow in the ribbon, then click
on Tabs button, without any further clicking Word updates ALL of my
styles in the document and changes all of the tabs/margins/indents of
all styles. I didn't even click to change anything (OK/Apply). Undo
will undo the style update, but I can't recommend this to my company
until I get to the bottom of such a devastating issue. P.S. Auto
Update is not on in the BodyText style.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Jim.

There is a bug that's specific to accessing the Tabs dialog through the
Paragraph dialog, as MVP Beth Melton discovered and reminded me in
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fb202fd2672447.
She gives three possible workarounds, but I don't know of any way to prevent
other users from tripping over the bug.

Whether you want to withhold a recommendation until it's fixed -- and no
date has yet been given for the first service pack -- is your call.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman