From the Help topic "Field codes: XE (Index Entry) field":

\t "Text"
Inserts the text in place of a page number. Enclose the text in quotation
marks. The field { XE "Highlighting" \t "See Selecting" } displays the entry
"Highlighting, See Selecting" in the index.

You can use a space between the quotation marks. If you are using the Mark
Index Entry dialog (Alt+Shift+X), select the radio button for
"Cross-reference" and type a single space into the box.

"hanna-maija" wrote in message
I am writing my thesis and would like to generate an index of all the
abbreviations i've used, with appropriate meanings (and no page numbers).
Additionally, I'd also like to keep track of my citations by generating an
index of all authors cited. I know that WP has the option of creating an
index without page numbers.