Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Recently Used File List not available

Correct, TweakUI 2.10 doesn't have the option any more. But I can say
from my own experience that the registry value behavior described in
those articles is correct.

Just to be su Did you look in the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer

and find the value on the right side named NoRecentDocsHistory, and
set it to decimal zero?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:32:28 -0400, "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote:

Thanks, Jay,

My copy of Power toys (ver. 2.10) does not include the option. A peek in regedit shows
that recent docs is properly set. So I'm still mystified.

rs

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
: The articles at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284896/ and
: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301691/ explain how to reset the registry
: entry that controls that setting. If you aren't using TweakUI, you can
: change the entry in Regedit.exe.
:
: --
: Regards,
: Jay Freedman
: Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: tcebob wrote:
: Word 2003, XP pro SP2
: Need to activate the recent file list.
:
: Per Help: Options/General/ "check Recently Used File List." But I
: cannot since it is grayed out and does not respond. How can I get it
: back?
:
: rs
: