Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 1 Page Doc on Windows Is 2 Pages On Mac

The printer _driver_ is necessarily different on the two platforms.

Instead of using Line Spacing "single" (or whatever), use "exactly"
some value. That might even ensure that the same amount of space is
occupied in both situations and you won't have to scale it at all.

On Jan 1, 10:09*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 1, 6:13*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Different printer driver.

On Jan 1, 4:35*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I am working on a document in Word 2010 for Windows that will be sent
to a user running Word 2011 on a Mac.

The document just fits on 1 page on my Windows machine(s), but when I
email it to the 2011 user and then open it on the Mac, it places the
last two lines of the document on the second page.

If I scale it to 96% in Page Setup it fits on one page.

I've checked the margins, the font and font sizes and everything
matches. I even checked that the Mac's default printer is the same
printer as my Windows machine.

Is this a known issue with 2010 vs. 2011 or is there some setting I
need to change on the Windows side so that the document will look the
same on both systems?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

That was my guess also, although the Mac is set up to print to the
same default my printer as my PC is - the USB printer attached to my
PC which the Mac prints to over the wireless network.

Does that mean that there is no way to know whether a document will
print on one page when sent to another Word user?

In this case, the document is a resume and we are trying to get it to
be one page long regardless of who we send it to. A resume loses a lot
of impact if the last 1 or 2 lines ends up on a second page. The
recipient will probably not know that it is a printer driver issue.
They will most likely think that the applicant set it up that way,
which could reflect badly on the applicant.-