Herb Tyson [MVP]

Word and PowerPoint are doing you a favor. It'd be an even better favor it
they wouldn't show the A: drive either. It's risky to save/open files
directly from Office programs. It's a leading cause of document corruption.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard: "I saved the document to a CD,
and now Word doesn't recognize it!"

The "best practice" in this case is to use Windows Explorer to copy files
to/from removable media, and to use Word/PowerPoint/Etc. only on files that
are on your hard drive.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Frustrated" wrote in message
My word and powerpoint programs do not recognize my cd or dvd drive. When
click send to: it is not showing these drive only the floppy drive. I know
my
drives are working because I am able to copy my powerpoint by opening up
my
sonic dvd program and adding the files. This program was working fine for
over 2 years, this is a new problem. I have not added any new hardware.