not2bright not2bright is offline
Junior Member

Default Convert Word Document To Markdown (and Vice Versa)?

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to use Word's "replace" function (in my case it's Word 2007) to change a page of HTML (.docx) into markdown format (e.g. changing all words/phrases in italics to words/phrases with asterisks before and after). I'd also like to know if this would work in reverse, i.e. taking a text file written in markdown and having Word convert it into HTML (replacing ### with level three headings, replacing words surrounded with double-asterisks into bold text, etc.).

Is this possible?

Thanks. :-)