Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Get rid of Office XP Sidebar

That's why I suggested that, after installing the FileNewDialog
command, you get rid of the existing File New command (both toolbar
button and menu item). That way there's nothing left to call the task
pain.

The Controller is suggested only to keep the pane from popping up at
startup (which it sometimes does even if you uncheck "Startup Task
Pane" in Tools Options View).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:32:02 -0700, Ian
wrote:

Thanks for link, unfortunately while this add-on allows you to control when
the Task Pane closes, it still doesn't prevent the Task Pane from hijacking
File..New calls.

Pity, as I though I had a solution there.

thx anyway,

Ian.