A text box should work provided you have the appropriate wrapping applied,
but you might find a frame easier to work with (and you will be able to see
the contents in Normal view and reference them in a TOC or with
cross-references). You can insert a frame using the button on the Forms
toolbar, or you can restore Frame to the Insert menu.

"Savannah Liz" wrote in message
I want to do something simple. I've used Word Help and get no results when

follow the instructions. I just want to position a box with text in it as

sidebar and have the regular text of the main document wrap around the

box.
I've tried doing this with a text box and utterly failed (although I'm

sure I
did it once with an earlier version of Word). I have Office XP for

Teachers
and Students. I tried doing it with a table, clicking on what seemed to be
the logical things in the Table Properties dialogue box. To no avail. I

know
there is nothing advanced about what I am trying to do, but I can't do it.
I've read various postings here, hoping for help, but all I realized was

that
everybody knows so much more than I do that I can't even follow their
messages back and forth. Many thanks to anyone who can give me

step-by-step
instructions for the simple-minded technoditz.
--
Savannah Liz