Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr. Darrell

Default ... my table of contents has a duplicate line ...

Thank you, that did the trick.

I guess I'm a little confussed now. Why did I only have that one occurance?
Is there a rule of thumb for using this method of page breaks rather than the
mannual method?

Darrell

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is there a manual page break in the heading paragraph? If so, delete
it and add "Page break before" formatting (via the Paragraph dialog
box, Line and Page Breaks tab) instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:
I have create a Table of Content and the first line in the table has

been
duplicated. I can't figure out what has caused this. I have even

deleted the
heading and repalced it and updated the table, and there is still a

duplicate
of the first line.

Is there a setting that causes this? What can I do to avoid this?

Darrell