Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Selecting a column: some rows have 2 cells in 1 column?

To add to what Jean-Guy has said, pasting table text that contains paragraph
breaks into Excel will create split cells in Excel but has nothing to do
with the table structure in Word, which in any case you should be able to
see clearly by displaying gridlines.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" NoSpam@LeaveMeAlone wrote in message
DonD was telling us:
DonD nous racontait que :

Yes, there is a merged cell. I pasted a row from the word table into
excel to see just what I had. One cell has 3 merged rows. The single
cell had contained 3 lines of text using a return at the end of the
first two lines. This text with returns became 3 table rows merged
into one table cell. There is no way to fix this without a rewrite. I
guess if you use a return in a Word table it will sooner or later
blow-up in your face.

I am not sure I understand.

Using "Return" in a Word table does nor create merged cells.

Also, you seem to be stating that you had vertically merged cells (3

rows).
Vertically merged cells should not cause the problem you first had. That
problem is usually because you have horizontally merged cells.

--
Salut!