Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
garethjwelsh garethjwelsh is offline

Default MailMerge Datasource not appearing in VBA when using DDE

Hi,
i am attempting to do a mailmerge. The main file that i am using has got a
data source setup correctly, when i open the file it correctly has a dialogue
box stating that this file needs to run a select statement and it is
selecting it from the correct source.

The problem is when i use the same file in a system when the correct file is
opened it doesn't have a datasource assigned to it. It is exactly the same
file as i have checked this already, but for some reason the datasource is
not accesible in VBA. I have used dde for communication in the system.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why the data source does not
appear attached to the Word 2003 file in VBA, i thought i might have opened
it in a strange way. Interestingly exactly the same code works perfectly on
someone elses computer so there must be some difference between my version of
word/windows or soemthing that causes the file to behave in this way.

Any help greatly appreciated.