Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Changing Page Numbers

There should not be any blank page between 66 and (now) 69. If there are any
blank pages, remove them (click the ¶ button and remove any empty paragraph
marks).

For the footnote overflow, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...OnDiffPage.htm.

I have no idea what could cause the reversing page numbers. If you wanted to
do it deliberately, it's fairly difficult to achieve.

Wally wrote:
Thanks for your help. 2 problems show up. 1: Word 2007 tries to
continue a footnote that begins on p.66 on the blank page after p.66.
2: When I change page numbers, the numbers start counting backwards.

Wally wrote:
I have created a 2 page chart (in another program) which I need to
insert into the final printed document (which I created in Word
2007). Therefore, I need the page numbers, which I have in the upper
righthand corner, to skip 2 pages. Example: 65,66,69,70,etc. I have
tried to insert 2 blank pages as "spacers", but Word tries to put my
footnotes on the 2 blank pages. Any ideas? Word Support seems
stumped.

Place a Next Page section break (Page Layout Breaks Next Page)
at the point where the numbering needs to change. Then, with the
cursor after the section break (that is, on the page that is now 67
and should be 69), click Insert Page Number Format Page Number
and set the starting page of the section to 69.

Be careful -- any editing in the earlier part of the document might
change the pagination so that page should no longer be numbered 69,
but having forced it this way it won't change automatically. You'll
have to check the situation and adjust the setting manually if
needed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman