Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

Default convert fractions (2007 edition)

Thank you so much. It worked fine, just like in the 2003 version. You have
all been so helpful to me.

May I ask another question?

How to I convert centimeters to numbers/fractions? Do you mind?
--
Terry H.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In Word 2007, the main place for customization is the Quick Access
Toolbar. Right-click the toolbar and choose Customize. Set the
category dropdown to Commands Not In the Ribbon. In the list, scroll
down and click on Calculate, then click the Add button between the two
lists.

It's also possible to put it on the ribbon (see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm), but a bit more work
than adding it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:27:01 -0700, Terry
wrote:

Hi everyone

Back in 7/29/2004 (when I had word 2003) you gave me a great solution to
converting fractions to whole numbers. I used this method for many years.
However, I now have the office 2007/Vista/word and, although I did find a
toolscalculate, I have not found a way of attaching it to my word menu or
documents. Can you update these last three years for me? Can you show me how
it is done in the new 2007 version? (see your message below)
Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Terry H.

"Greg" wrote:

Terry,

Word has a command called ToolsCalculate. Right click a
blank space on your menu and select customize. Click the
Commands tab, in the categories window click All commands,
in the commands window scroll until you find the command
ToolsCalculate. Drag this command and drop in on a menu
or toolbar. Close the customize button.

Type something like 3/5 and then select it. Click the
toolscalculate but and the result in decimal form appears
in the status bar. You can also diplay the result in the
document with editpaste.

Note: If you have
ToolsAutocorrectAutoFormatAsYouTypeReplace As You
TypeFractions checked, you will get an invaled result
when on those special character fractions 1/2, 1/4, 3/4,
etc.