WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I delete cassette symbol on my cursor?

Hi there! It sounds like you have accidentally turned on the "Select Table" mode in Microsoft Word. This mode is indicated by the cassette icon on your cursor. Don't worry, it's an easy fix! Here's what you can do:
  1. Click anywhere outside of the table you are working on to deselect it.
  2. Click on the "Table Tools" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Select" section on the left side of the ribbon.
  4. Click on the "Select Table" button to turn it off. The cassette icon should disappear from your cursor.
  5. You should now be able to position your cursor within the text as normal.

If you are still having trouble, you can try restarting Microsoft Word or your computer to see if that clears up the issue.