Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default jumping cursor

Try turning off your microphone. (Seriously. If the voice recognition is
turned on, sounds/noises can be misinterpreted as commands.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fidelco foster" wrote in message
When I am typing a sentence in Word, half way through a sentence, the
cursor
will jump to a different place in the text. If I don't immediately notice
it, I have to back off the misplaced letters, scroll down to where I was
and
continue typing. It is driving me nuts. I have Word 2007, and a laptop
with a wireless mouse and keyboard therefore I am not brushing the
touchpad
with my fingers. Others have written about this and one suggestion was to
disable the touchpad. I have gone to Control Panel and cannot find any
place
to disable the touchpad. Another thought was to disable the Speech
Recognition which I don't find either. I don't know whether it is enabled
or
not. I have a Dell Inspiron E 1505 laptop.

Thanks for any help you might offer. Fidelco Foster