Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default jumping cursor

It may vary but try this: (My system is running Vista so this was copied
from a website I found)

Start-Control Panel-

Adjust the system volume -

In the Device volume area in the middle of the Volume tab, click on
Advanced. I know, I know, it looks like you are adjusting speaker volume,
but go ahead and do it.

If the microphone doesnt show up as one of the devices, select the menu
item Options-Properties and put a check in the Microphone box.

In the microphone sub-panel, put a check in the Mute box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fidelco foster" wrote in message

Windows XP Pro Thanks
"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turning off a microphone is less risky than messing with the BIOS.

Are you using Windows XP or Vista?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fidelco foster" wrote in
message
Thank you. That is a new approach. I do not have a microphone. I may
have
speech recognition (tied in to a microphone?) which someone mentioned
but
if
I do, I did not enable it. If it is enabled, I don't know how to
disable
it.

I know nothing about BIOS and hitting DEL while booting to bypass the
touchpad on the laptop. I can visualize smoke pouring out of the
machine
if I
tried that. Obviously, I am not tech savvy.
I thought it might have something to do with the speed of the cursor as
type fast - cursor not being able to keep up?
Anyway, I very much appreciate eveyone attempting to help.
Fidelco Foster

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Try turning off your microphone. (Seriously. If the voice recognition
is
turned on, sounds/noises can be misinterpreted as commands.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fidelco foster" wrote in
message
When I am typing a sentence in Word, half way through a sentence,
the
cursor
will jump to a different place in the text. If I don't immediately
notice
it, I have to back off the misplaced letters, scroll down to where I
was
and
continue typing. It is driving me nuts. I have Word 2007, and a
laptop
with a wireless mouse and keyboard therefore I am not brushing the
touchpad
with my fingers. Others have written about this and one suggestion
was
disable the touchpad. I have gone to Control Panel and cannot find
any
place
to disable the touchpad. Another thought was to disable the Speech
Recognition which I don't find either. I don't know whether it is
enabled
or
not. I have a Dell Inspiron E 1505 laptop.

Thanks for any help you might offer. Fidelco Foster