Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony[_2_] Tony[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2000 Password Protection

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, saved as a different file, but I'm
still prompted for the password. The prompt indicates that the document is
'reserved by' me, and asks me to 'Enter password to modify, or open read
only'. I'd like to avoid this prompt if at all possible.

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You need to set a "password to modify" rather than "password to open."

"Tony" | wrote in message
Hi All,

I've got a Word 2000 doc that I'd like to post to our web site. I would
like to password-protect the document such that changes cannot be made,
but allow users to open the document without being prompted for a
password. If this is possible, I can't seem to find out the correct way
to do this. Can anyone offer suggestions or point me in the correct
direction?

Thanks & Ciao