Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
plh plh is offline

Default Frame overrides write protection of linked document?

Hello Everyone,
MS Word 2003 SP2:
What we are trying to create here is a document with a spec sheet in the left
hand frame, and a set of instructions in the right hand frame. Call the main
document Frames.doc. This document is read only. Also, the documents linked to
the two frames in Frames.doc are read only. Call them Left.doc and Right.doc.
However, Frames.doc can override the permissions in the linked files, that is,
if we save Frames.doc under a new name and then open up Left.doc, the changes
are apparent there. What are we doing wrong?
We want to protect the original documents Frames.doc, Left.doc, and Right.doc.
By using the "Save Current Frame As..." option the newly created spec sheet
would be saved. What is the best way to handle this?
Thanx,
-plh

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??