Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hoges in WA wrote:
Not that lucky. At the end of each line is a return. I can't put a
return in the Replace field as it won't editpaste. Even if I could,
it would string the whole page together and I'd have a similar
problem going through and reinputting returns at the end of the lines
I do want. I don't think the returns are hard input ones, as if I Del
the blank spaces, the lower line comes up anyway. Maybe I'm not
explaining it all that well but it sure is irritating me - I probably
have something over 300 pages to format like this yet if I could get
rid of the bits i don't want it would probably condense down to about
30 pages all up.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Turn your show/hide button on. Determine what the character is
that's making the line break. It could be a line break or it could
be a paragraph return, or even a tab or a table (make sure
Table--Show Gridlines). Then you can delete the line break or
return. Perhaps you'll get lucky and there's a line break after the
song and a return after the artist, thereby allowing you to use
find/replace (See Edit--Find and Replace--More--Special...) to
get rid of the line break. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
Hi. I save OE posts of 60's Top 100 tracks each week. They are
set out with
the title of the song and to the right its position in the chart,
last week's
position and highest position. Beneath that is the artist. I want
to make
them one-line lists. I can get rid of the numbers easily by
replacing them
with nothing, leaving me with a lot of blank spaces. I still have
the song
on one line followed by the artist on the next line. I want to
bring the second line up to the first line so I can then sort and
delete multiples (songs are in the charts many times).

I have tried deleting the blank spaces but it still won't bring the
second line up to the first line. As I'm doing very large numbers
of these, I wondered if there's any quick way of doing it other
than me going along to the end of each line and deleting the
end-of-line mark? I hope. thanks Hoges in WA