Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
needhelp needhelp is offline

Default Help - Words broken up on next line

Problem: When I am typing in MS Word 2007 the last word of my line will break
off and go to the next line. It is as if I have asked it to hyphenate words,
however I didn't and it does not put a "-" in the break. It also may break
after only the first letter of the word and then continue the rest of the
word on the next line.

Desired Solution: For words that will not fit on a line to automatically be
moved to the next line rather than just break off.

What I have tried: I thought it may have been an issue with "text wrapping",
"word wrap", "hyphenation", margins, or default settings. I cannot fix it by
editing those. I have tried "removing" formatting as well. Nothing has worked
to remove it. I have stumped two tech support people with this issue as well.

How it Started: It started when I pasted some text from a web site into
Word. I thought perhaps that messed up the formatting, but it doesn't make
sense that it would effect everything... Now when I open a new document the
same thing happens. Somehow it has altered my settings of Word, not just the
one document.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have my MS Office 2007 CDs so as a
last resort I could uninstall & reinstall, but I think there must be an
easier solution. Thanks for your help!