Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do you find a document you forgot to save?

As others have indicated there is no autosave in Word - only autosave
recoveryt information. If you don't save a document there's nothing to
recover. It is possible to get Word to autosave (though frankly I would find
that very annoying) - see http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm ,
but there's no substitute for haviung CTRL+S imprinted on your brain and
using it every time you stop for thought.

JmBears99 wrote:
I typed a paper then forgot to save it, turned the computer off, but
on my computer I had checked that automatically saved every ten
minutes, and now I can't find the document.