Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amdious Amdious is offline

Default Field codes: MergeField field RTF format problem

Yeah, I figured it was going to be a fun problem. I'm going to contact
Microsoft and try to get an explanation for the change from Word 2000. I'm
working on an application that prints RTF files using the riched20.dll and I
have complaints that it doesn't print the same as Word 2003. It seems that
Word 2003 has special logic to detect this change which I'd rather not have
to implement. I'm trying to get an explanation or configuration change for
Word 2003 rather than implement a heuristic to remove the \sectd directly
after the \field RTF block before sending the RTF to the printer. I really
don't want to take that route, since it seems a little hackarific.

Thanks for the help though! I'm glad to know it wasn't something simple that
I had overlooked! I'll post a solution if I do get one. Otherwise assume I
did the heuristic. Haha.