Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Ctrl+Q

I believe that pressing Ctrl+Q is actually one of the suggestions in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm, though this may
have more effects than expected if other direct paragraph formatting has
been applied.

FWIW, I don't believe that a border could be used as the replacement text in
an AutoCorrect entry (to replace ---). I still maintain that this must be a
result of the "Automatic borders" option in AutoFormat As You Type.

http://word.mvps.org

"P W" wrote in message
Hello!

I have suffered that problem for literally years... Hover your cursor
above the annoying black line across your page and press "Ctrl+Q" and the
line will go away.

'---' is an automatic formatting setting that comes as default in MS.
That's fine except most people don't know how to change these settings. Go
to Word Options and under Proofing look for 'AutoCorrect Options.' Search
for the '---' sequence and remove it.

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:51 PM Joseph wrote:

Horizontal lines have appeared in my text in Word 2007 compatibility
mode. I
cannot put the cursor on them. they do not respond to backspace or
delete. They
cannot be treated as objects. i do not where they came from I do not
find any
solution in HELP. It tells how to add lines but not how to remove them.
Perhaps I am asking the wrong question on the help screen.
I appreciate your courtesy.
Joseph

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:04 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Assuming the lines print (that is, they are not the drawing grid), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

http://word.mvps.org

On Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:40 AM P W wrote:

PS: Suzanne, your method (you have copied and pasted the URL to that
article a ridiculous number of times) is not the solution for this
problem. It is an automatic formatting issue and is not fixed by
adjusting borders.

On Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:40 AM P W wrote:

PS: Suzanne, your method (you have copied and pasted the URL to that
article a ridiculous number of times) is not the solution for this
problem. It is an automatic formatting issue and is not fixed by
adjusting borders.

Using ASP.NET Session with Silverlight and WCF Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-services.aspx