Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default This modification is not allowed because the document is locked

I have tried: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm and that
method was not helpful. Where the heck do I go from here? Re-install, or is
there a better method to the madness.

Thanks to all you MVP's out there making our world a little easier.

Rob

"Rob" wrote:

I have had Office 2003 for over 2 years, have a license, etc. All of a
sudden I started receiving this statement when accessing current documents,
and it will not allow me to create new documents. I've tried everything I can
think of to fix it... does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

I've already been asked if its a "trial" edition, and whether or not I had
activated it. Its not a "trial" version, and yes, its been activated for
about 2 years now.

I have already tried the "Office Repair to Original Setup" ustilsing the
Office 2003 disk. Any ideas about what could be the issue? Any help would be
much appreciated.