Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rajkohli

Default Line Spacing Problem ?

Select a Paragraph, which have a double spacing between lines. Check the
Before and After spacing in Format - Paragraph. Set them to 0.

If the setting are changing with every new document then click the Default
button.

Let us know!

"Robert11" wrote:

Hello,

Using MS WORD 2002 under XP.

This is really driving me crazy.

On some documents, but not all, when I type in text, the line spacing
seems to be such that it creates a blank line between the regular lines of
text.

The cursor, though, just goes to the regular text lines (as if the blank
line wasn't there).

I went to the formatting toolbar, found the line spacing icon, and
verified that it was set to 1. Also looked under the paragraph formatting,
and it to is set to "single line".

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this may be, and how to reset it
such that it goes from a normal line to a normal line, without creating an
apparently
blank line between the text lines that I enter ?

Thanks,
Bob