Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Find (w/format) but replace (w/o format)

For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...scptFnotes.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Sharon" wrote in message
It works great, but I guess I should have told you that I am trying to put
this in a macro. Basically, I have a huge document with references, i.e.,
(1), (2), (3), etc. with endnotes that show the full cite. I want to
activate a macro that will change (1) to (Jones, 2008), which is the short
cite. Sorry, I thought it would work the same when I tried to record the
macro. Any suggestions?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From the replace function
Find 'word' - format font superscript (check the superscript check box in
the font dialog)
replace with
^&
format font not superscript/subscript (uncheck the superscript) check box
in
the font dialog

CTRL+Shift+ '+' with the cursor in the find or replace boxes will toggle
through the superscript options.

Sharon wrote:
I want to find a word that is superscript and replace it with a word
that is not superscript, but the "no formatting" button is greyed out
after I put the superscript for the find word. Can anyone help?