Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JasonTheDCE JasonTheDCE is offline

Default 2nd style applied in paragraph inherits font size from first style

I have a single line of text that I want to apply two styles to. The 1st
style is Franklin Gothic Heavy with 12 pt font, no italics. The 2nd is Book
Antiqua, 10 pt, italic. When I highlight the 2nd set of text and apply the
style, it changes the font and italicizes, but it keeps the 12 pt size. If I
modify the style to 9 or 11 pt, it changes the font size correctly. I'm a
fairly experience Word user and at a loss for the reason. Hopefully someone
else knows the answer. Sample document available upon request.