Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default table style takes the font settings from my normal style rather than my theme style

Stefan Blom wrote:
By the way, have you tested if table styles now work better with *paragraph*
styles applied to text in the cells (another issue that Shauna discusses in
her article)?

Yes, I have. Tested and use regularly. As long as normal is unmodified,
styled and manual formatting to table text works as expected. Actually, in
the formal and business documents I edit and format in W2007, text based
tables still need paragraph styles: two bullet levels and a heading style,
which I need for tables with spanner headings in the table body. They work
just fine.

Even for W2003, paragraph styles work with table styles if font and line
spacing are _not_ specified in the table style.

Pam

If the document's body font and line spacing are set in the manage styles

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
under the Set Defaults tab in the Manage Styles dialogue. I read
somewhere that this would solve problems like this. But apparently not.