Charles Kenyon

By open, I mean having the template in front of you on the screen in Word so
that you could type in it.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Kathryn" wrote in message
news

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Hi Kathryn,

I wrote the article on the Add Balance site. I may have made assumptions
that you are not making. Sorry. The steps in it work when followed
exactly.

You do not want your old template in the user templates folder or the
workgroup templates folder, you want them in the Word startup folder. I
suspect that you have done this. For more on the different kinds of
templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of templates
folders
see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

What *exactly* is the word startup folder? I have recorded a test macro
(named Test) on my new computer to see if I could locate exactly where the
macro should be stored but still can't find it. Microsoft can't find a
file
with Test in the name.

The macros will not show up in the organizer because you do not have your
template _open_ in the organizer. They will not show up in the vba editor
because you do not have your template open. They run because you have
your
template added as an Add-In. To get them available for editing, you need
actually open the template so that it is visible on your screen.

If by open, you mean run the macro, I have done that. I run the macro and
then open the organizer, which is what the directions appear to want me to
do. What I get is box that will shows NewMacros in Normal.dot and NOTHING
in
the other box. The only thing that it will allow me to do from there is
copy
NewMacros(in Normal.dot) into the template I want to copy! I see nothing
that will allow me to copy FROM my macro/template.

Doing this
will also make the macro modules available in the organizer. Note that
individual macros do not show up in the organizer, only modules.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Kathryn" wrote in message
I have a computer running Word 2000. I have a new computer running Word
2003. I have a couple of Word macros that I need to move to the new
computer. I have already looked through old messages and have looked
at
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm but
still
cannot figure out how to move the macros to my new computer. When I
open
Word 2000, my computer does not behave the way that it should according
the addbalance site. Using the Organizer button doesn't show my
macros;
using the VBA Editor doesnt' show any macros either, yet they are there
and
run when I use them.

I have tried to simply copy the .dot file over to the new computer but
put
it in the subdirectory that Word looks in for templates but it does not
see
it there.

Any help?