Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kewpie

Default How do I change a PageRef number from black to the format I wa

I've done the Charformat thing by exposing the code but when I highlight the
P in pageref and attempt to change the way it is formatted, nothing happens.
On the toolbar it shows it as being blue and underlined even though it is not.

And no I can't delete it and make a regular ToC because the person who made
it likes the way the ToC is formatted in this way--I don't think it should be
that difficult to change the color of a number but it is

Also, pressing F9 did not bring up the field codes, I had to right click and
show the codes that way.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Kewpie,

If this isn't a Word TOC, but is, as you say, something constructed to look
like one, you can change the formatting of a PAGEREF field (which is what
you get via Insert|Cross-reference) by:
.. selecting it;
.. pressing Ctrl-F9 to expose the field code, which will look like {PAGEREF
BkMrk \h}, where 'BkMrk' is your bookmark's name;
.. inserting '\* Charformat' into the field, thus: {PAGEREF BkMrk \*
Charformat \h};
.. formatting the 'P' in 'PAGEREF' underlined and blue; and
.. pressing F9 to update the field.

Note: Doing this won't change the fields colour if clicked on. For that
you'd need a hyperlink field.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Kewpie" wrote in message
I'm trying to add page numbers to a ToC that someone created using

bookmarks
and references rather than the option available by insert. I can enter

this
number with insert field (which I want because I want it to be a

hyperlink)
or insert cross-reference, bookmark, then page number--but the number is
ALWAYS in the same format. When I highlight it and try to change the font

be underlined and the color blue, nothing happens and it remains the same
even though it shows the correct formatting in the preview before I press
okay. It does not show up properly in the print preview, only the web
preview. This is really frustrating, I just want to change a number's

format
and I can't. Please help.