Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Word 2007 (and Excel 2007) open slowly

Is your virus scanner integrated into Office? That might be something to
check.
Does it also take this long if you open the program via their shortcuts
in the Start Menu?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"br72" wrote in message
:

Yes, all the ones over which I have control I have made inactive. That's all
of them in Excel and all but one--Person Name (Outlook e-mail recipients)--in
Word. (I also disabled all the plug-ins in Outlook when that was running
slowly, and that seemed to solve the problem). I'm still having the strange
problem with Word and Excel however.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Are you sure all add-ins are disabled including any template based ones?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]