Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Word 2007 (and Excel 2007) open slowly

Are the documents on a network share or local? Are they large? Old or
new file format?
Does the same apply to Excel? Meaning, the application itself opens fast
it is just that loading documents takes long (even if done via File,
Open)?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"br72" wrote in message
:

No, but Word opens quickly. The problem I have is that opening documents
from outside of Word open slowly *even when Word is already open*

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

If you go into Start, run, and type "winword /a" does it take a long
tiem as well to open Word?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"br72" wrote in message
:

1. Don't know about the virus scanner. I have Symantec Client Security that
came preloaded with my brand spanking new Lenovo Thinkpad T60 (Core duo2 2
ghz and 2 gb of RAM). That means I have Symantic Client Firewall and Norton
Antivirus 10).

2. It does take as long to open from the shortcuts (my docs or my recent
docs) from the Start Menu.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Is your virus scanner integrated into Office? That might be something to
check.
Does it also take this long if you open the program via their shortcuts
in the Start Menu?