Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeeDeeCee DeeDeeCee is offline

Default Word 2007--Using Access keys and keyboard shortcuts

Hi to the experts. I had just learned after 10 years to use the "customize"
toolbar in Word. I had figured out that I could add certain styles to the
"shortcut menu" that pops up when you right click, and my heart was glad. I
had learned that I could even assign keystrokes like "Alt, 1" to my 3 or 4
most-used styles, and blaze through formatting. I experienced a happiness I
cannot describe.

Now, I have Word 2007 and all of that seems gone. It seems that every new
version, Microsoft always destroys and remakes the style system, in a
desperate hope to get people to understand it. But usually the old way
lingers on in hiding somewhere. Is there anyway I can continue to assign keys
to my favorite styles, or to add them to a shortcut menu?