Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
seyyah

Default Headings

I couldn't find the answer there. I want to number Appendix section shortly.
Previous chapters are arabic numbers but appendix will be capital letter.
How can i do it?

See "How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document" at:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"seyyah" wrote in message ...
I think i didn't very well understood headings. All of my heading are
going like 1,2,3 etc. After a point i want to restart it with A,B. But i
couldn't be able to do it. I tried to create new style but when i change
anything with the heading 1 or other headings, all headings also change.
I'm selecting the option "Apply this point forward or selected text" in
the customize menu but change applies all of the headings. This is
important because figure captions also must be like Figure A.1, Figure
A.2 etc. in that section which were like Figure 1.1 etc. at previous
sections. Help me please.